Sunday, September 18, 2011

And I'm Home

I actually followed my schedule today for a change.  Got up on time, showered, finished packing, packed up the car, did the last bit of straightening up and headed over to the diner for breakfast by 9.

I got seated at the same booth as yesterday and got the pecan pancakes, with a scrambled egg on the side and a bottomless cup of coffee.  While last night's dinner wasn't bad..it paled in comparison to the yummyness of this morning's breakfast.  I recommend always getting breakfast at the 4 Corners Diner whenever you are in Atlantic Beach....even if you are there for dinner. My waitress from last night was the hostess this morning and we had a nice talk as her post at the cash register was right next to my booth.  She is from West Virginia but hates visiting as driving on the winding mountain roads scares her.

After I left the diner, I stopped at the Atlantic Beach Seafood Market again and got another pound of those yummy shrimp along with some flounder...as I had brought along my cooler.  Had 'em packed in ice and I hit the road.  I took a slightly different route as I used the causeway from Atlantic Beach to Morehead City rather than the one at the other end of the island...which is the way I had arrived.

I saw a lot more of what Hurricane Irene had done as there were tons of trees down everywhere along the route.  Most had been cut up already in stacks of firewood, but the stumps and exposed tree roots were everywhere.

And back to the 5 hours of cotton balls and tobacco flowers...

I got home around 4pm to an ecstatic cat and a chilly house.  Looks like we had some cold nights while I was gone.  I unpacked the cold stuff from the cooler and divided up the seafood into freezer bags.  I cooked some  (steamed) shrimp and some (baked) flounder for dinner, which I had along with my cole slaw...yummy.

I'm mostly unpacked and cleaned up the kitchen.  Citizen Kane is on TV and I think I'll go to bed early.  Got to get up early and go to work tomorrow.  All good things....

No comments:

Post a Comment