Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Quick Weds Post

I spent most of today on the beach.  Did N-O-T-H-I-N-G at all.  Well, I read some and watched the birds, listened to the waves, moved my beach chair according to the shadow cast by the beach umbrella....basically, nothing.

The beach was deserted and the weather was perfect.  Sunny and bright with a cool, brisk breeze coming over the water.  I continue to recommend beach vacations after Labor Day, otherwise would you have a beach to yourself like this:

I spent several hours sitting under that umbrella reading Pride and Prejudice on my Nook.  My view was also awesome

The terns were amusing as they ran into and away from the surf.  A couple of times some brown pelicans flew past, skimming the surf, looking for lunch.  There were some surfers out too, so there was plenty to watch.  I didn't go into the water much myself due to the strong riptide warnings, but I did get my feet wet a couple of times.

Anyway...came back to the room and showered off the sand and sunscreen (happy to report no sunburn!) and I'll head out to see if the fish market is still open.  If not, it's eating out tonight.  Maybe that all you can eat seafood buffet down the street?

No comments:

Post a Comment