Monday, April 15, 2024

Korea 2024 - Day 2: A Whole Lotta Nuthin'

No photos today, because I didn't do anything particularly exciting.  The forecast called for rain all day, and yes,, there was rain.  I slept a solid  10 hours and watched a K drama on Netflix, which is the only way I get English subtitles.  I puttered around waiting for the rain to let up.  

I took a shower and headed out in the afternoon, when the rain had slowed to a fine mist.  I took myself to EMart, a grocery superstore to find some pour-over coffee and snacks for the room.  On the way, I went past a mid-sized Olive Young, which is kind of a Korean Sephora.  Poked around there for a bit and got some face wash, moisturizer, and a couple of different sunscreens to try out.  I'm going to find a better place for makeup and haircare.

EMart was an experience,  floors of insanity.  I did find that they have an in-store bargain brand called "No Name" that offered up some good options, including some cup noodles.  I also got some lovely looking strawberries and tomatoes.  Oh right, and a $4 umbrella.  Packed up my groceries in my backpack and duffel bag to make my way back to the hotel.  The rain had started back up, so was happy for my unbrella.

I got back to my room, puttered around a bit more...then had tomatoes and instant "soy paste soup with seasoned thistle" for dinner.  Soup not bad for instant soup.  Watched more of my K drama and ate more snacks.  Went to bed at eight.  

That is all.  Exciting start to the trip, right?  I think it got me over my jet-lag pretty quickly.  I'm going to try to see what remains of the cherry and plum blossoms today.  I'm always just a little bit late for those....

No comments:

Post a Comment